Cowboy Bebop is a Registered Trademark of Sunrise Inc, Bandai Visual,
Shinichiro Watanabe et al.
Original Cowboy Bebop material Copyright by Sunrise Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Used without permission. Any use of Sunrise Inc's copyrighted material or
trademarks in these pages should not be viewed as a challenge to those
copyrights or trademarks.
Cyberpunk 18.104.22.168. is a Registered Trademark of R. Talsorian Games Inc. Original Cyberpunk
material Copyright by the R. Talsorian Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Used without permission.
Any use of R. Talsorian Corporation's copyrighted material or trademarks in these pages should not be
viewed as a challenge to those copyrights or trademarks.
CBC News Presents:
Session 1 writeup will be posted when the playtest campaign starts.
- August 6th 2003: All pages but the Bebop Universe and Characters sections have been completed.
The year 2071 A.D. The future is now. Driven out of their terrestrial Eden, humanity chose
the stars as the final frontier. With the section-by-section collapse of the former nations
a mixed jumble of races and people came. They spread to the stars, taking with them the now
confused concepts of freedom, violence, illegality and love, where new rules and a new
generation of outlaws came into being.
Jazz agers, flower children, lost generation, beatniks,
rockers, punks, nerds, hackers, lovers, generation X... whatever the designation, there have
always been outlaws in our society who live in pursuit of autonomy. At times they are
revered for their roles as pioneers, challenging the unknown; other times people consider
them lawless desperadoes and a dangerous presence. Yet, really, it is only their exuberant
music and an autonomy founded to express opinion different from those of others that set
them apart from the rest of society.
After the mass migration to other planets following the Gate Incident, crime
sky-rocketed. The police now have very little authority in the solar system.
To help suppress the rising crime rate, the Inter Solar System Police brought back
the bounty system of the Old West. Independent vigilantes could capture criminals for
large amounts of money as long as they submit the bounty heads to the police alive.
A new generation of bounty hunters were born.
People referred to them as Cowboys...
The Character Roles:
- Assassin: Cold-hearted killers for hire.
- Combat Engineer: An expert on the flow of war, and how to channel it.
- Cop: Members of the Inter Solar System Police.
- Corporate: Slick business raiders playing the deadly corporate power game.
- Cowboy: Vigilantes, outlaws, and bounty hunters.
- Detective: Police flatfoots and Private Investigators for the new era.
- Doctor: Cutting-edge doctors that make Bones McCoy look like a candystriper.
- Drifter: The scattered remains of everyday humanity, just trying to survive.
- Fixer: Streetsmart middlemen who can get anything... for a price.
- Gambler: Huxters, swindlers, and con artists for the 21st Century.
- Hacker: The best Net-divers the universe has ever seen
- Model: Genetically altered beauties with the world as their playground.
- Musician: Jazz heros fighting for freedom through music.
- Pilot: The modern hot-shot flyboys of the sky and beyond.
- Politician: Charasmatic leaders swaying the public through sheer willpower.
- Reporter: High-tech media operatives going to the wall to get the truth.
- Salesman: From data-broker to drug dealer, these are the masters of the deal.
- Soldier: They were trained by the Military, then left to their own devices.
- Street-Preacher: From Catholics to Cultists, they're out there to spread the Word.
- Syndicate: The backbone of the biggest "Families" in the solar system.
- Techie: Think MacGyver... on Caffiene-laced Speed.
- Thug: Weapon-toting predators of the new urban jungles.
- Trucker: Plying the spacelanes, ship full of cargo, petal to the metal.
January 1st, 2071